Three Stone Ring Meaning
Three-stone rings are engagement or anniversary rings that showcase three stones in a row. Usually, the center stone is larger and flanked by smaller stones on either side. They are a popular alternative to the classic diamond solitaire ring, but also make a meaningful anniversary ring. You may not realize a three-stone diamond ring has a larger meaning. Let's explore the three-stone ring meaning.
What's the Meaning of a Three Stone Ring?
Three stone rings typically have some sort of meaning behind them. They usually represent a trinity or trilogy of three things. What is the trinity ring meaning? Three popular examples of this are:
- The past, present and future of a relationship.
- The trinity of friendship, love and fidelity.
- Religious references to the Holy Trinity in Christianity.
Although it can be special to attach this type of meaning to a ring, it does not have to mean those sets of things. It could mean anything the ring giver attaches to it. Every couple is different and holds different things close to their hearts. What's most important is what the rings symbolize to you.
Three Stone Rings vs. Solitaire Engagement Rings
A three-stone engagement ring meaning could be special to you. Let's look at how they compare with solitaire engagement rings. Solitaire rings are classic and timeless and will never go out of style. Solitaire rings are usually associated with engagement rings. While three-stone rings are popular for engagement rings, they are not just for engagements. Many times a three-stone ring represents a special anniversary.
- Is there a trinity/trilogy of things that is important to for you to symbolize with this type of ring?
- Three-stone rings can offer more variety and color as they have multiple stones
- Three-stone rings may be less expensive
- A solitaire ring is easier to dress up with an enhancer or ring guard
- Solitaire rings may be easier to coordinate with wedding bands
Shop Three Stone Rings
You'll find a great selection of Zales three-stone rings online at Zales.com. Consider three-stone rings that feature colorful gemstones. Zales has a wide selection of three-stone rings with stones such as amethyst, aquamarine, blue topaz, garnet, emerald, citrine and much more. You may also prefer a branded three-stone ring, such as one from our exclusive Past Present Future Collection. You can also shop with a trusted jewelry advisor at your local Zales store.